This guidance has been developed to provide key information to assist with prevention and control of cases of norovirus in care homes.
It includes a pack of resources that should be used in addition to Standard Infection Control Precautions (SICPs) and Transmission Based Precautions (TBPs) as per the National Infection Prevention and Control Manual.
Contained in the pack are:
- Prevention Flowchart
- Roles and responsibilities – to guide decision making
- Information for care home staff
- Checklist to prepare for norovirus season
- Norovirus outbreak checklist – to be completed as soon as an outbreak is suspected
- Norovirus Outbreak Daily Actions Checklist – for ongoing monitoring until outbreak is under control
- Norovirus Outbreak Data Record – for monitoring all residents symptoms
- Norovirus – Information for residents and visitors
- Posters for use during outbreaks