This publication has been produced by ARHAI Scotland, part of NHS National Services Scotland.
This literature review aims to review the evidence base for using microfibre products for decontamination of the healthcare environment.
- To provide a generic description of microfibre, including the proposed or actual mechanism of action and the procedure for use.
- To assess the scientific evidence for effectiveness of microfibre.
- To explore practical and safety considerations related to the use of microfibre.
- To explore the costs associated with microfibre.
- To produce a concise evidence summary for microfibre to assist the Equipment and Environmental Decontamination Steering Expert Advisory Group in making practical recommendations on the use of microfibre for NHSScotland.