For the 2019 to 2020 season, the format of the HPS National Seasonal Respiratory Report has changed to that of an Official Statistics publication (Experimental).
In week 41:
- The rate of influenza-like illness (ILI) was at Baseline activity level (6.7 per 100,000).
- The proportion of NHS24 respiratory calls was at Baseline activity level (16.5%).
- The swab positivity in primary care was at Baseline activity level (0.0%, 0/18).
- The swab positivity in secondary care was at Baseline activity level (1.7%, 10/593).
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Parainfluenza virus and Rhinovirus were at Low activity level. The rest of the non-flu respiratory pathogens were at Baseline activity levels. The number of RSV detections seem to be increasing in line with the seasonal RSV wave.
- The number of acute respiratory illness outbreaks reported was less than five and remained at Baseline activity level.
- There were no cases of laboratory confirmed influenza with severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) requiring intensive care management reported in week 41.
- There were no SARI deaths reported in week 41.
- The all-cause mortality excess was at Baseline activity level in week 39 (z-score < 2).