In week 14, the overall assessment remains green (below baseline activity).
- GP consultation rate for influenza-like illness (ILI) remained below the baselinethreshold for normal seasonal activity.
- The colour indicator for influenza in closed settings remained green (belowbaseline activity). Virological detections of influenza in secondary carecontinue to reduce. A small number of SARI cases are continuing to bereported however these are retrospective.
- In week 14, no statistically significant all-cause mortality excess wasobserved. It is difficult to assess the contribution of influenza to the very high*statistically significant excess in all-cause mortality reported in weeks 52, 1and 2, but ICU mortality due to laboratory confirmed influenza remains belowexpected seasonal range.
- Vaccine uptake rates increased in week 11 and are similar or greater than thesame time in season 2016/17
- An increase in community circulation of influenza prompted the issue ofa CMO letter in week