New yellow fever vaccine page on fitfortravel
20 August 2019
The Health Protection Scotland (HPS) Travel and International Health Team have reviewed and updated the yellow fever resources and guidance on the fitfortravel website for both health care professionals working in yellow fever vaccination centres, and members of the public seeking information.
In addition to the yellow fever disease page on fitfortravel, a new yellow fever vaccine page has been added. Health professionals can add this page to the ‘suitcase’ when using TRAVAX to ensure travellers are aware of the relevant information.
This page gives the following information for travellers relating to the yellow fever vaccine:
- why the vaccine will be recommended
- common side effects
- rare side effects
- vaccination in the over-60s
- medical exemption certificates
- avoiding travel to a risk area
- where to seek help if unwell following vaccination
- link to patient information leaflet
- links to NHS Inform yellow fever pages
Source: TRAVAX, 13 August 2019