Green book chapter on immunisation updated
23 April 2019
Chapter 11 of the Green Book, which addresses immunisation in the UK for public health professionals, has been fully updated. The updates reflect all of the recent changes to the routine childhood immunisation schedule as well as those to the adult programme.
The revised recommendations for administering more than one live vaccine have now been incorporated into this chapter.
The overall aim of the UK’s routine immunisation schedule is to provide protection against the following vaccine-preventable infections:
- Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
- hepatitis B
- human papillomavirus (certain types)
- meningococcal disease (certain serogroups)
- pertussis (whooping cough)
- pneumococcal disease (certain serotypes)
Source: PHE, 15 April 2019