Contact Us

COVID-19 enquiries

We’re unable to provide clinical advice to members of the public.

Health advice on COVID-19, including social distancing and stay at home advice is available from NHS Inform website.

For non-health-related advice on COVID-19 please visit the Scottish Government website.

General enquiries

We're unable to provide clinical advice to members of the public so please contact your GP, NHS 111 or visit the NHS Inform website.

Please note that we may not be the most appropriate organisation to deal with your enquiry, so please refer to the following information to help direct your enquiry.

Local health protection or infection control issues

You should contact your local NHS board's health protection team in the first instance if your enquiry is about a local health protection or infection control issue, for example:

  • reporting a notifiable infection or outbreak of infectious disease
  • vaccine/immunisation provision and schedules
  • care provision by a local hospital, care home, nursery, school

If you wish to know which NHS board covers your local area, visit the Scotland's Health on the Web website.

Local environmental health problems

Please contact your local authority environmental health department to assist if your enquiry relates to local environmental health problems, for example:

  • local environmental hazards
  • nuisances
  • possible contraventions of Environmental Public Health legislation, for example, food complaints, bonfires, damp housing, noise nuisance, waste disposal, pest control

If you wish to know which council covers your local area, please visit the Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (COSLA) website.

Any enquiries for Health Protection Scotland can be sent to the following address:

Health Protection Scotland
Public Health Scotland
Meridian Court
5 Cadogan Street
G2 6QE

Tel: 0141 300 1100
Fax: 0141 300 1170


See comments and complaints on the main Public Health Scotland website.

In this section

About us
  • Contact us